The Four Rules of Firearm Safety
Remember to observe the four rules of firearm safety:
- Always assume that the gun is loaded.
- Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
- Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
At the range
- Follow the rules of your firing range.
- Remember to wear eye and ear safety protection.
Do not fire your guns into the air during celebrations. Stray bullets can kill or injure.
- Gun owners with a Permit to Carry must keep their firearm concealed.
- Do not brandish your firearm. It is illegal and tactically unwise.
Practice peaceful and responsible firearms ownership.