What should we be demanding in terms of Legislation?
Want to get as many opinions and comparisons as possible. We may need to rally in the future under a common banner. Ano po mga sentiments niyo regarding what are fair gun laws?
My personal wish list as far as legislation goes...
1. No limit to number or type of arms a Filipino can own with exception to crew served weapons, rocket propelled weapons, or weapons classified as light or heavy artillery. Many pinoys have licensed subguns, carbines, etc. that have select fire. Let's make it official.
2. Licensing of individuals as to negate red tape and redundancy in application when purchasing firearms. As long as you meet the age, employment and background requirement that should be enough to buy or receive a bequethed weapon.
3. Removal of psycho testing. Basic background check should be more than enough.
4. Gun licenses should have no expiration. A one time fee should be paid to register and license a weapon under an owners name and shall remain so in perpetua. The only time license status needs to be changed with corresponding processing fees is if the Owner sells the weapon to a new owner; dies; gifts it to a relative or friend; etc. Other than that a licensed weapon remains status quo and licensed to its original owner forever. No more fees. This also gets rid of the tiny problem of a few "loose" (un-renewed licensed weapons) being used in crimes or being counted among the loose guns. Mawawala ang loose kasi lahat licensyado and no one forgets about renewal.
5. Remove the PTT requirements. This is ridiculous. You buy a gun but need a ton of documents to bring it out of the house. A licensed weapon is a legitimately owned and registered firearm which should be legal to bring out of the home, in a vehicle at any time. You shouldn't need a PTT or a PTC to bring a gun out to go to the shooting range or anywhere where its legal to shoot or practice. If it's licensed you should be able to bring it anywhere.
6. In relation to 5 you should be allowed legally to carry any gun concealed in your vehicle at your own risk without the need for a PTC for self defense purposes as the gun is licensed and legally a car is considered an extension of your home and private property.
7. The same basic legal requirements (age, nationality, background check, good standing, etc.) should be the simple basis for granting PTC's. Additional requirements such as FA safety, etc. may be added. They need to make it easy for us to get PTC's.
8. Removal of all gun bans during election. They can't stop the bad guys from bringing around guns to intimidate or harrass voters or commit crimes during gun ban so they might as well let us bring ours around and remove the ban altogether.
9. Remove all limitations on ammunition. You should be able to stock and keep as little or as much ammo as you see fit without government telling you what to do without licenses or special permits etc.
10. Acknolwedge and allow accessories such as NV, suppressors, etc. to be officially permittable. Suppressors are not for killers. They are also tactical in nature and are an effective tool in real defense situations. You shouldn't be criminalized or demonized for owning or wanting one.
11. No limit as to the caliber of weapon that can be owned. If you have a property that is safe to shoot a .50 BMG sniper rifle out to 2500 meters then by all means if that's what you want you should be able to do it legally as long as its a legitimately obtained and licensed weapon.
12. Amendment of our constitution to inject FA ownership as an inalienable, God Given right and not a privilege.
What do you guys want?